Resin Models, Super Glue, and Frustrations

Oh for the love of god, I've made a huge mistake. No, not really, but... I have silently mused this several times over the past few days. I never anticipated putting together these models with super glue would be such a royal pain in the ass. The models themselves, I love them. Beautifully detailed, but that detail comes at a cost. Resin versus plastic. Softer material allows for higher level of detail, but also is susceptible to minor warping. Not to mention, plastic glue doesn't

work with these...

Now super glue. Ugh. Not only is it a pain to work with with resin, all glues are not equal. Started off with Scotch Super Glue. Yuck! Ran every where, never stuck well, and I honestly think I got more on me than on the models. I then tried Krazy Glue. Nah dude, fuck that. Gorilla Super Glue, however, has been my
saving grace. Thick consistency, easy to control, and creates a great bond!

I've gotten past the difficult bit at this point, as this afternoon I finally wrapped up gluing hands to arms. Oh god, that was frustrating. Small bits to small bits, not fun. Outside of grenades and pouches, all that's left on these boys are gluing large bits to large bit. Hopefully smooth sailing from here out...

More to come. Thanks for dropping by.

Comments