Painting Through the Stages

I've spoke a good bit about my painting process in past posts, but I haven't really given a good visualization of what it looks like as I move through from one to the next. Starting from the far left and progressing to the far right, I will walk you through the steps.

The first step is two coats of Naggaroth Night. This gives a very dark purple.
I follow this up with a fairly heavy "dry brushing" of Xerues Purple, with brightens up the purple a good bit, but leaves some darker areas showing.
Next I do a more selective "dry brushing" of Daemonette Hide, which really brightens the model up, but still allows for the two darker shades to show on areas of the model.
I follow this up with a glaze I made with Lahmian Medium mixed with Naggaroth Night and Xerues Purple to blend the colors together a bit.
I wrap up the purple with some hard edging in Daemonette Hide. After this, I'm free to work on the trim and details.

Cheers!

Comments