First Game of 8th Edition

I honestly don't have much to say on this one. Went to the store, pre-ordered the rule book and index. My flatmate and I played a 150 Power Level game with three other guys. Three turns took 4 hours. Yes, FOUR FREAKING HOURS!

My head hurts. I'm exhausted. I don't care that we won, I'm aggravated that my flatmate and two of the other players are still THAT UNFAMILIAR with the game after TWO MONTHS that they slowed the game to such a snail pace. My side of the table, every turn was done in roughly 30 minutes, and then we waited.... and waited... and waited... It was so bad, the GM got annoyed with us taking up table space for such a long time.

I like 8th edition. Most enjoyable edition I've played so far, but good grief, it's a chore to play a game like what I had today. I'm going to order a 4x6" table for games at home and just host games with friends from now on. At least there I can drink and relax, not to mention sit down (we lack chairs at the LFGS).

Chears.

Comments